Fun Facts About Succulents:
Succulents are one of the most popular types of indoor plants. They are all unique and have an individual style. The word Succulent, comes from the latin term sucus, which means juice or sap. Theses plants store water in their leaves and stems in order to survive the hot desert or dry climates as long as possible. They also grow in tropical places but grow in branches where they are protected from the rainfall.
Some reasons why they are so popular is because they are VERY low maintenance. Their watering habits are slim and they don't take too much work to keep them pretty. They will last a long time if you are aware of your watering. People have a tendency to over water succulents but they only need to be watered when the soil is completely dry top to bottom.
1. Approximately 60 different plant families contain succulents.
2. You can find 'em in just about every color of the rainbow!
3. Generally succulents are pest resistant.
4. You can use succulent cuttings to grow new plants.
5. They get their name from their thick, sap-filled leaves.